Monday, January 21, 2013

Take Heart

I have always been a slave to the scale. Allowing digital number readouts to effect my mood and sometimes - often times dampen my spirit. When the numbers go up, my mood goes down on an ever-oscillating see-saw. I have been diligently watching the scale,  but much to my chagrin after that whopping 9 pound weight loss (more than likely water) during my time back home in PA the weight has gone up and down and stalled.This is more than likely due to my diet back in NYC, which I thought I cleaned up nicely, but apparently not. I've been hitting the gym hard and not seeing much budge on the scale. I had a goal of 2-3 lbs per week, so it was disappointing being in week 3 (since coming back from PA).
        In the past, during my previous jaunts of "lose weight" with a bit of hardcore consistent cardio I would see results within a week or two. However, I guess I must account for the fact that during said time I was hovering at 170+, so of course the weight came off quicker because I had more to lose. I also wasn't strength training...much or at all. Now, I can feel and see a difference in my muscles. Hell, to even have muscles to flex is a huge difference. So, I guess all is not lost. I must take heart and keep pushing.

On Another NOTE: Food experiments!
     So, uh - I don't cook much, well, I didn't before college and I never had anyone teach me how, so its been a learning process in between the fiftyleven other things I have to do. With that being said, I've gotten so much better at cooking - and not killing people with my seasoning heavy-handedness. With this fitness journey, cooking is a must because if I made it, I know exactly what and how much I am eating. It also saves me money from buying food on campus.  It's been a lot of trial and error and what I like to call experiments. I usually just try to combine the things in the fridge to make something different, so I don't get bored with my food options. My most recent food experiment was what I'd like to call a tuna burrito. It is a play on a real burrito, packed with protein in the form of eggs, kidney beans and tuna , and no red meat for my tummy to suffer through.

        It came out delicious and I am so proud of myself. *pat on back*  I wish I took a picture of it, but I was to eager to eat it. I have decided to prepare several of these in advance so I could grab it on the go and eat for breakfast in the morning. YUMS!


No comments:

Post a Comment