Thursday, January 3, 2013

147...RUN tell dat!!

I guess what I'm doing is working or my scale is being janky because according to my scale today I am now 147.4. I was so surprised to see my weight in the 140's. I thought it would take me at least another week. However, I am extremely pleased and motivated to continue with what I am doing. If you're happy and you know it clap your...hands. ;)

Anyway, so today I woke up at 5:35 am and ate 2 packets of sugar-free apple cinnamon instant oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder and was out the house by 7 to walk to the gym, getting there around 8.

I really didn't feel 'into it' when I got to the gym. This is probably because it was 20 degrees below brick cold outside and my nose was on faucet. However, I sucked it up and went to work on the leg press, abductor, adductor and hamstring curl. Come to find out I've been using the leg press wrong - well not wrong, but half-assed and didn't know it. I just didn't know how much distance to put between me at the footplate.I was over here thinking I was legpressing over 300 when it was only because I was using my lower back to help push. Thanks to the glories of Youtube, I now know better.

      I went over to the weights area - also known as the 'men-only' part of the gym.  I was the only girl in that area of the gym, so I naturally got stares. I just queued up and blasted "Hold me back" by Rick Ross and got to work on the row machine. I wanted to try the Smith machine, but something about it is so daunting to me. I've always kind of looked at it as a 'big boy' machine. However, if I want to get the lower body that I desire - it's necessary. Like a punk though I let some guy muscle me away from the machine before I could try. I will do it next time damn it. Eff that.My ass will be AWESOME, you hear me?

Yea, off to study. Well, after cardio abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment